Friday, June 22, 2012

Forever

It's been 2 months 22 days since said I'm leaving
I've always been one for some pain
Ask me now have I got what I needed
Don't know
But this morning it stopped raining,
burning in my chest is fading, maybe sunshine will come again

What can I say today I'm happy
New job keeps me busy
New girl makes me dizzy
New place ain't so bad it's got a yard

What can I say except I miss you
Too angry to even miss me?
Could you ever forgive me
Today I'll meet a new friend,
Would not have met if I were with you

How many will it take to equal to your love
sweet warm love falling all over me
But today is nice im only thinking about the good times
this morning I can hold my head up high, save misery for another day
Tonight i have some big plans, or I'd like to think
Go out on the city, drown it all with my buddies
whatever happens hope i don't see you at last call

It's been 2 months 22 days since I said I'm leaving
but I haven't stopped believing, have you?
Could it be that we just need room to grow?
Couldn't breath with you I swear
I know we talked about it over and over
It's not that I don't love you it's clear
But all the rest is hazy

Today I'm feeling good about tomorrow
yesterday was not kind.
Maybe the new job will send me across the world where I can try to find some answers
about what I had at home, and why I need to be alone
Baby don't take it personally
I remember everything
If you'd let me make it up to you
Give you anything if I could
If could give you everything
I'd be waking up with the morning sun on your hair
gently caress your face as you breath the beautiful air
Id tell you today is forever
I really wanted forever
So afraid of forever

No comments:

Post a Comment